INFN associate staff are lectures and professors in scientific subjects, as well as technological, technical and administrative staff, and staff of other public or private institutions that are agreed upon the INFN. Furthermore, INFN associates include also foreigner researchers, final year students of University degree, Ph. D. students, scholars and research fellows of the University or other public institutions agreed upon the INFN. There are two types of INFN associations:
- INFN association for research or technical collaborations refers to individuals who have a prevalent and sustained activity at INFN. This type of INFN association is approved by the Executive Board, on the applicant’s request and upon proposal of the Director of the Structure the applicants cooperates with.
- Other INFN associations refers to other forms of collaboration different from the previous ones. This association is conferred by the President on the applicant’s request and upon proposal of the Director of the Structure the applicants cooperates with. This type of association is applied also to researcher and professors, to staff members of research consortium whose the INFN is part of, to secondary school teachers, to Ph. D. students and research fellows, to final year postgraduate students in Physical Sciences (with grade point average greater than 26/30), Engeneering, Informatics or other technological fields (with grade point average greater than 24/30). See Disciplinare for specific requirements and procedures to apply.
The INFN association does not establish a working agreement, has a fixed term, and is unpaid. For its activation, the INFN association depends on the needs of research programs and projects, as well as on the logistical availability of the specific Structures. Staff members of other private or public institutions who apply for thw INFN association are required to provide formal authorization of their employer .
INFN associate staff must avoid any activities implying a conflict of interests with the INFN, may benefit of technical and administrative services, instruments, and equipment of the Institute. Associate staff members are entitled to refund of authorized missions, in the same way of INFN staff. Furthermore, they are entitled to health insurance against professionals and radiation risks.
How to apply
To submit an application for the association to scientific and technical activities of the INFN, the applicants must connect to the Gestione Associazioni of the INFN portal and must insert a new proposal (“nuova proposta”). They will be asked to fill in some forms and to upload some documents, which vary depending on the type of contract. In case of any difficulty with documents upload is possible to send them as pdf files to Carla Gentile.
If the applicant is not registered yet to the INFN portals, they should follow the procedure explained at Registration of a new record (“registrazione di una nuova anagrafica”).
The INFN association for scientific research, technological research, and technical collaborations lasts one year (referring to the solar year) and can be renewed following the procedures described in the Disciplinare dell’associazione alle attività scientifico-tecniche dell’INFN.
The INFN scientific, technological, and technical association lasts one year (referring to the solar year) and can be renewed, with the following exceptions:
- Final year postgraduate students in Physical Sciences, Engeneering, Informatics or other technological fields: the INFN association lasts for a maximum 12 months of dissertation writing and expires when the date of the defence is agreed;
- Ph. D. student: the INFN association lasts up to six months after the end of the Ph. D. contract and expires when the date of the defence is agreed;
- Students of specialty school in Health Physics or INFN Masters: the INFN association lasts until the legal term of the course;
- University scholars or scholars of other research institutions agreed upon INFN: the INFN association lasts until the end of the scholarship;
- Research fellows: the INFN association lasts until the end of the fellowship, for a maximum of 6 (even non consecutive) years.
At this link you may see Associate staff of INFN Lecce and their associations’ expiring date.
Associate staff may subscribe the RBM policy (polizza sanitaria RBM) for themselves and/or their members upon payment of an insurance premium.